Selling a Business
Selling your business might represent many things for you; it could be the reward following many years hard work, the start of a well-earned retirement, or maybe the opportunity to seek new challenges elsewhere.
Whatever the reason for your sale, it is never something to be taken lightly. Selling your business is a complicated process and must be handled carefully to ensure your legal position is protected and that the maximum return on your investment is achieved.
Ironically however, many people find it difficult to be business-like when selling their business. When you are so closely involved in a commercial operation, it can be hard to take a step back and look at things objectively.
Specialist legal support from Kaiser Solicitors can help with all aspects of selling your business. We are expert commercial lawyers, based in Leeds, who appreciate the legal and practical realities of selling and buying businesses.
We operate on a fixed fee basis, so you always have an accurate picture of the costs involved. Our services are tailored towards to your unique objectives, so that we can strive for the outcome which fits your plans.
If you would like to discuss how we can work with you to sell your business, get in touch with one of our lawyers today.
How do we help with selling your business?
What is involved in the sale of a business can vary considerably based on the business’s form, structure, and what assets are being transferred to the buyer.
This means, depending on your situation, we might help you with:
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of the contract of sale
- Limiting liabilities and warranties
- Arranging the transfer of shares (for the sale of a limited company)
- Facilitating the handover of key business relationships, such as suppliers, clients/customers, and employees of the business
Additionally, we can advise you on how best to prepare your business for the sale. When selling any asset, you will always want to show it in its best light. Making key preparations, such as organising your financial paperwork and clearly indicating how the business makes its revenue, will go a long way to demonstrating the value and potential that your business holds. In the same way, if you are selling your business as a going concern, these preparations can attract buyers wanting to continue the operation with minimal disruption.
Why use Kaiser Solicitors when selling your business?
Not all commercial solicitors are equal. Choosing the right lawyers for your transaction can make a huge difference to the outcome and to your satisfaction with the whole process.
Here are some of the ways in which Kaiser Solicitors could be the right firm for you:
- Our knowledge, skill, and experience in commercial transactions mean you can have full confidence in our representation and advice.
- Our fixed fees mean you know in advance exactly how much our services will cost.
- Through our proactive approach, we seek to investigate, anticipate, and resolve potential issues before they can disrupt your transaction.
- We take deadlines seriously, recognising the impact that delays can have on your business. This means we do all we can to set and keep realistic timescales.
We can assist you to sell a wide range of businesses, including:
Bars, pubs, and cafés
Hair and beauty salons
Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts